Monday, March 16, 2009

New training plan

I've started using the official Gold Coast Marathon Training Diary. This plan involves more 'speed' training (for example doing six 2min runs as fast as you can with a 1min break in between), but probably less distance overall than I've been doing. It will be interesting to see how it compares.

Last Thursday I did the 6 by 2min repetitions and it felt easier at the time, but I've suffered from a bit more delayed onset muscle soreness (got that fancy title from a running website - it just means I felt stiff the next day or two).

I missed my long run on Saturday because we were at our church weekend away but I did a 50min run then and again this morning. I need to try and squeeze in a 3km Time trial tomorrow - it will be interesting to see what time I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment