Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No longer moderate!

Last night I finished my year as Moderator of Presbytery. For those non-Presbyterians, that's like the chair of the local synod/committee which oversees the work of churches in our part of Brisbane. All members take turns as the moderator.

I have to say I didn't really enjoy the year. The whole system is quite formal and archaic and I don't think I really had the energy or the skill to make a big change.

What is exciting in our Presbytery is that a couple of churches are in the process of looking for new ministers. That always means the chance for them to reassess what they are doing and perhaps call someone with a view to revitalising their ministry. I'm praying that over the next year there will be some exciting things happening for the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment