Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twitter killed the blogging star

another reason the blog has been quiet is that I've signed up to twitter. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I'm kind of interested in the whole social networking thing. I hadn't realised how strongly twitter sells itself as a community builder until I went to their home page. They really offer you a whole new level of intimacy with your friends and family.

I guess it's no surprise that people are looking for deeper relationships - thats nothing new. And I have to admit I found the concept as outlined on their home page quite compelling (check out the video introduction). But I have serious doubts wether a bunch of single sentence status updates will really offer such a great new level of intimacy. If you're into such things and you want to follow me - I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment