Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Injury woes

Well, there has been a lot of silence on this blog recently. But I'll see if I can write a bit more. Alas, my marathon never happened. My ankle got really sore and I wasn't able to run for more than 1.5 hrs (about 15km) for the month leading up to the event and there's no way I was going to make 42km!

It's still pretty sore and I've started going to the physio. I thought I'd made some progress, but I went for a 10km run last thursday and pulled up pretty sore again. THe latest strategy is to do some 30min slow runs and see if I can work up from that. Apparently I also have some pelvic/core strength issues so I'm trying to work on that too.

There is a Brisbane Marathon at the end of August, so If I could make steady progress from here I might almost get ready for that. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I see. Injuries are really annoying when you're just trying to build up to something! Hopefully you get it all fixed up soon.

    ReplyDelete