Thursday, September 10, 2009

Recipe - Chicken and Bacon stuff

Well, I've been tagged by Simone to provide a recipe. I think I'll just have to give the one for what we had last night. It's a Simone special, designed for dinner last night, and it was good enough for me to want to have it for lunch today as well.

2 Chicken breasts
a couple of rashers of bacon, chopped
an onion, chopped
some olives
some capers (I think these would be optional)
a large can of tomatoes
a splash of red wine
a teaspoon of crushed garlic

Put all the ingredients in an oven proof dish and bake for a while - probably 45mins - 1 hour (we had to finish it off in the microwave because the chicken wasn't quite cooked).

Serve with Rice

YUM

3 comments:

  1. All well and good Andrew, but you're meant to tag someone else (4 people?) AND you're meant to use an ingredient from the recipe posted by the person who tagged you (I think you can use the onion for this bit).

    Anyway, I probably would have liked this back in the day when I ate chicken and bacon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onion was the link ingredient.

    He also left out fetta cheese which was all over the top.

    And salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm - apologies, not quite up on my blog etiquette...

    ReplyDelete